ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Fire officials announced Sunday morning they are looking into the cause of a house fire in northeast Roanoke.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS Department, crews responded to the 3000 block of Cannaday Road NE for a report of a fire at 9:07 a.m.
Units arrived on the scene and found smoke showing from the residence, but the department says the residents inside the house at the time of the fire made it out safely.
The cause of the house fire is under investigation, officials say.
- Workers strike at Volvo’s Pulaski County plant
- VDH: 1,608 new COVID-19 cases; 15 new hospitalizations in Virginia as of Saturday
- Va. reports 1,063 adverse reactions with over 5 million COVID vaccines administered
- Prince Philip is laid to rest as somber queen sits alone
- Pinpoint Weather: Seasonably cool temperatures, slight shower chances this weekend