ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Fire officials announced Sunday morning they are looking into the cause of a house fire in northeast Roanoke.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS Department, crews responded to the 3000 block of Cannaday Road NE for a report of a fire at 9:07 a.m.
Units arrived on the scene and found smoke showing from the residence, but the department says the residents inside the house at the time of the fire made it out safely.
The cause of the house fire is under investigation, officials say.
- Surviving domestic violence or abuse during COVID-19
- US economy shrank at faster-than-expected 5% rate in first quarter
- Bradley Free Clinic adapting to COVID-19 to meet patient needs
- How COVID has impacted pregnancy
- The challenges of COVID-19 on older children and teens