ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke residents may experience temporary water discoloration this month while fire personnel conduct fire hydrant flushing.
Roanoke Fire-EMS announced on Friday, April 3 that fire hydrant maintenance is underway to test the function of the hydrants and to clear out any sediment built up in the water lines.
Fire officials warn Roanoke residents they may have discolored water during this maintenance process. However, for those experiencing water discoloration, Roanoke Fire-EMS recommends they turn on all the cold water faucets in their homes or businesses at once to remove discoloration.
- Averett University, Danville Community College to host Caesars Entertainment employment webinar Tuesday
- Alleghany County middle school closed Tuesday after staff member tests positive for coronavirus
- Off-duty officer rescues driver from burning car in Virginia
- Group of Henry County middle schoolers going remote for two weeks after student diagnosed with COVID-19
- VSP: Vehicle crashes in Collinsville Monday night with several people inside