ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Roanoke County Treasurer’s Office is offering a unique option to those who prefer paying their taxes in-person.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the office is using library drive-thrus to operate as satellite offices for limited access during tax seeason.
The Roanoke County Administration Center and all library buildings are closed to the public as the battle against the coronavirus continues.
The drive-thru locations include:
- South County Library (6303 Merriman Road, Roanoke, Va. 24018)
- Glenvar Library (3917 Daugherty Road, Salem, Va. 24153)
- Vinton Library (300 S. Pollard Street, Vinton, Va. 24179)
Those locations are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for non-credit card payments. The drive-thrus are expected to close on June 12, but that date can change.
Roanoke County citizens also have the ability to pay by check through the U.S. Postal Service or online here.
Drop boxes are available for check payments at two sites:
- Roanoke County Administration Center (5204 Bernard Drive, Roanoke, Va. 24018)
- Hollins Library (6624 Peters Creek Road, Roanoke, Va. 24019)
- Family seeks answers for man missing since 2013
- Roanoke Police say one person in custody after Sunday afternoon shooting
- New River Valley Forecast
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- Southside Virginia Forecast