ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR)– Roanoke County Fire & Rescue responded to a report of an ill hiker on the McAfee Knob trail this morning.
Units from Stations 10 (Masons Cove) and 7 (Clearbrook) responded to the call at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday.
Units were able to access the patient using an all-terrain vehicle on the fire service road.
The patient was removed from the trail at about 11 a.m. and was transported to a local hospital.
- String of 90°days in jeopardy today, as more widespread rain is expected.
- First annual Ronnie Roberts Senior Classic held in Lynchburg
- Lynchburg Black Lives Matter host a community affair
- After VA mother, daughter killed by car fleeing police, software creator wants to make donation to agencies
- Virginia Tech professor discusses African American perspectives on the Fourth of July