ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR)– Roanoke County Fire & Rescue responded to a report of an ill hiker on the McAfee Knob trail this morning.
Units from Stations 10 (Masons Cove) and 7 (Clearbrook) responded to the call at about 9:20 a.m. Thursday.
Units were able to access the patient using an all-terrain vehicle on the fire service road.
The patient was removed from the trail at about 11 a.m. and was transported to a local hospital.
- ‘I couldn’t be more proud’: Family watches Ryan Crouser win gold
- Democrat and Republican senators pile on the pressure to declassify 9/11 secrets
- Infrastructure bill a “shot in the arm” for rural high speed internet expansion
- Blood test could diagnose Alzheimer’s disease decades before symptoms develop, doctors say
- Botetourt County Department of Fire and EMS on scene of a fire involving a mobile home