UPDATE: 9:20 p.m.: The Roanoke County Fire Marshal has concluded their investigation and found the fire on Ramada Road to be caused by the engine compartment of a car being worked on that caught fire.
The fire has been ruled accidental.
ORIGINAL STORY — Roanoke County Fire and Rescue responded to a detached garage and a vehicle on fire this afternoon.
Crews arrived at the scene on the 700 block of Ramada Road in the Vinton area around 4:55 p.m. where heavy smoke and flames were visible, according to Roanoke County Fire and Rescue.
Officials said the fire was brought under control in around 25 minutes.
The garage and vehicle did receive heavy damage.
No injuries were reported.
The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office is continuing to investigate the cause of the accident.
- Family seeks answers for man missing since 2013
- Roanoke Police say one person in custody after Sunday afternoon shooting
- New River Valley Forecast
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- Southside Virginia Forecast