UPDATE: 9:20 p.m.: The Roanoke County Fire Marshal has concluded their investigation and found the fire on Ramada Road to be caused by the engine compartment of a car being worked on that caught fire.
The fire has been ruled accidental.
ORIGINAL STORY — Roanoke County Fire and Rescue responded to a detached garage and a vehicle on fire this afternoon.
Crews arrived at the scene on the 700 block of Ramada Road in the Vinton area around 4:55 p.m. where heavy smoke and flames were visible, according to Roanoke County Fire and Rescue.
Officials said the fire was brought under control in around 25 minutes.
The garage and vehicle did receive heavy damage.
No injuries were reported.
The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office is continuing to investigate the cause of the accident.
- 1 dead, several critically injured after a tornado in Alabama
- Former CDC director urges Americans to wear better masks to protect from new COVID-19 strains
- When will everyone have access to COVID vaccine? Biden says this spring
- UPDATE: Power, traffic lights out out near scene of landslide at Roanoke car wash
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain ends, then becoming mostly sunny and milder