ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — An apartment in Roanoke County sustained tens of thousands of dollars in damages following an overnight fire that left one person injured.
Roanoke County Fire and Rescue responded to the 3500 block of Sunchase Lane in the Sunscape Apartments at 12:37 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 30. Upon arrival, crews found smoke and flames, but say the fire was under control in 22 minutes.
The fire department says one person was injured while trying to get to a fire extinguisher. The patient was treated on scene, but refused to be transported to the hospital.
Officials say the fire began on an outdoor balcony but was contained to the outside of the building. The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the cause was accidental, but the cause has not yet been determined.
No one was displaced by the fire, but estimated damages are $50,000.
- VDH reports more than 2,700 new coronavirus cases while total deaths surpass 4,000 as of Wednesday
- Pedestrian struck over embankment in Forest Wednesday morning
- Incident along I-81 South in Wythe County closes lanes, delays traffic for miles
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Bedford County Public Schools delays start of second semester