ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke school officials are asking parents and students to stay cautious on the computer after learning of a spam email that has been sent to numerous student email accounts.
According to Roanoke City Public Schools, the spam email will have “Per Time Job” written in the subject line. If you see this email in your student’s inbox, make sure they delete it immediately without opening it or replying to it.
However, if your student did reply to the email, you are asked to call the Roanoke City Public Schools hotline at (540) 853-1000.
Roanoke School officials remind community members they will never ask parents or students for their personal information via email.
- ‘It’s a dire situation’- Restaurants push Congress for direct relief to save the industry as restrictions tighten
- VCU Medical Center will play key role in COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- VDH Saturday update: Nearly 3,800 new COVID-19 cases, 47 new deaths in Virginia