ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Two barbers serve as leaders and counselors for generations of men to break down conversations on injustice.
Gregory Washington has been a Black business owner in Roanoke for more than a decade.
He said that men and boys have come in his doors at Platinum Cuts for years to discuss sensitive topics like sports and politics.
Platinum Cuts is a safe space for everyone to have open conversations.
Recently, Washington has been discussing politics with his clients and his grandchildren.
He makes sure during those discussions to make sure people understand why the protests are happening.
Washington is also using his platform to encourage those able to vote.
- VDH Thursday update: 450 new COVID-19 cases, 20 new deaths reported around Virginia
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership