GILES COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Police in Rich Creek have released the name of a man accused of abducting a women in the town Wednesday, Nov. 20.
West Virginia State Police and the Monroe County, West Virginia, Sheriff’s Office arrested Michael Broyles II, of Lindside, West Virginia. He is charged with abduction and maliciously causing bodily injury to the victim.
Broyles is held without bond and awaits extradition to Virginia.
Rich Creek Police Department announced the arrest on their Facebook page.
Police initially said that a woman had been abducted around 1:10 p.m. Wednesday from “the area of Pizza Plus.”
- North Cross Raiders prep for season opener
- Pulaski Supervisors raise concerns over scheduled Radford University rally
- Police investigate armed robbery at Meadowgreen Market in Bassett
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil