ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — MacKenzie Beyers is being remembered by her grandmother after the Troutville teen passed Tuesday.
MacKenzie, a 2020 Lord Botetourt High School graduate, was one of two pedestrians hit by a vehicle on Brandon Avenue SW in Roanoke on May 15. Her grandmother, Vickie Parsons, said the doctors told her family nothing more could be done for her granddaughter, so they let her “go ahead and be with Jesus.”
Parsons remembers MacKenzie as a “tomboy”. She said Beyers enjoyed fishing and riding a four wheeler. She said her “little angel girl” was an organ donor, so her gifts will benefit eight people.
- WATCH LIVE: D-Day Memorial in Bedford hosts POW/MIA Recognition Day virtual ceremony
- At town hall, Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- Drive thru COVID-19 testing available Tuesday in Buena Vista
- Missouri soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming