ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – After 20 weeks of training, nearly three dozen firefighters have officially graduated from the Roanoke Valley Regional Fire & EMS Academy.
A special ceremony was held on Thursday at Berglund Center.
The recruits will now transition into their roles as firefighters or paramedics for Roanoke Fire-EMS, Roanoke County Fire & Rescue, Salem Fire & EMS and Botetourt Fire & EMS.
Some graduates began their new roles immediately – starting as early as this morning.
- Virginia State Police investigating after vehicle found down embankment in Henry County
- Altavista awarded for advancing solar energy growth
- Emergency SNAP benefits promised in Virginia for mid-August
- Live video: President Trump visits the Whirlpool plant in Clyde
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong to severe storms expected with gusty winds and heavy rain into the night