RADFORD, Va. (WFXR) — Radford University has named Dr. Carolyn “Lyn” Ringer Lepre as provost and vice president, after completion of a national search.
“In selecting Dr. Lepre, I am confident that the campus and the community will significantly benefit from her professional expertise and personal commitment,” said Radford University President Brian O. Hemphill, Ph.D.
Starting in 2013, Lepre served in various roles at Marist College including dean, interim dean and assistant dean in the School of Communication and the Arts. She started her career there as an associate professor in the School of Communications and the Arts.
According to a Radford University statement, Marist College has one of the highest freshman retention rates in the country with 89 percent of students returning for their second year, compared to the national average of 72 percent.
Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer Chad A. Reed, who co-chaired the search committee said, “Dr. Lepre will provide the energy and expertise to enhance Radford University’s academic enterprise by supporting the great talent of our students and the incredible work of our faculty.”
Lepre begins the new role in July.
- Pinpoint Weather: Heat and humidity return today, storms possible this afternoon.
- Downtown Roanoke restaurants make changes as Phase 2 of reopening starts
- Salem prepares to hold USA Softball Championships in August
- Virginia lawmakers planning police reform legislation
- Mill Mountain Zoo announces reopening set for this month