RADFORD, Va. (WFXR) – A Radford man is facing multiple charges for the death of the two-year-old from this past April.
Andrew Jonathan Byrd is being charged with first-degree murder, malicious wounding and child endangerment.
Byrd was said to be watching his girlfriend’s three children on the night of April 16, 2020.
Police were called to his home on Ninth Street in Radford the next morning after he reportedly strangled his girlfriend’s two-year-old daughter.
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Sunday COVID-19 Update: 999 new cases, one new death in Virginia from Carroll County
- Saturday evening shooting leaves one dead in Roanoke
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain slowly exits Sunday, eyes on western Caribbean as Zeta is born