PULASKI COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Officials with Pulaski County Public Schools (PCPS) have confirmed an employee at Pulaski County High School has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a social media post, the employee was last at the school on Thursday, Sept. 17.
PCPS says that proper mitigation strategies have been followed in the areas that the employee was known to be and that the high school has been “thoroughly cleaned and will reopen on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020 for students with last names L-Z.”
The district says they are working with the New River Health District for further investigation and contact tracing positive cases.
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Sunday COVID-19 Update: 999 new cases, one new death in Virginia from Carroll County
- Saturday evening shooting leaves one dead in Roanoke
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain slowly exits Sunday, eyes on western Caribbean as Zeta is born