PULASKI, Va. (WFXR) — The James Hardie Building Products facility in Pulaski is getting some help from Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s Office.
Northam’s office announced Wednesday, Aug. 12, that the facility is set to receive $700,000 from a Community Development Block Grants (CDBG). The Town of Pulaski received the largest portion of the $2.5 million grant, split between three other localities.
The money will go toward the facility’s sewer system: new storage tanks, an upgraded pump station, and 1,000 feet of sewer line.
This improvement project — thanks to the block grant — will also allow James Hardie to retain at least 70 jobs, as well as increase the capacity for future expansions.
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 29 south in Campbell County
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split
- Franklin County crash claims life of Ferrum man