ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Several local public transit groups are getting some financial help from the state.
A total of $11 million will go to transit agencies around the state.
Locally, Blacksburg Transit can expect around $300,000, Roanoke Transit will see around $284,000 and Danville gets around $57,000.
State Transportation officials say these funds will become available in early-April.
- “A life that I always wanted, but couldn’t have”: Residents rally behind Roanoke man in time for the holidays
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 7
- Lynchburg Police investigate shooting on Old Forest Road
- College students in the New River Valley discuss COVID-19 impacts on travel plans
- Hokies All Access – Boston College recap, Wake Forest preview, Hokies get out to vote push, Virginia Tech athletics #Love Initiative