BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Motorists will find some delays in travel time on Route 644, also known as Lankford Mill Road, as crews replace a bridge over Big Otter River in Bedford County.
As of Thursday, Route 644 will be closed near Route 673 (Benchmark Lane) to less than a mile west of Route 675, also known as Lizard Ridge Road, according to VDOT.
The project is expected to last 11 months.
Officials ask motorists to drive with caution in the area during construction.
- Road closures continue due to flooding, downed power lines around southwest and central Virginia after Zeta moves through
- Three schools in Franklin County to go all-virtual until Nov. 5 due to COVID-19 community spread
- Louisville police officer files lawsuit against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- Appomattox County first responders dispatched to multiple submerged vehicles, crashes since Thursday