BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Motorists will find some delays in travel time on Route 644, also known as Lankford Mill Road, as crews replace a bridge over Big Otter River in Bedford County.
As of Thursday, Route 644 will be closed near Route 673 (Benchmark Lane) to less than a mile west of Route 675, also known as Lizard Ridge Road, according to VDOT.
The project is expected to last 11 months.
Officials ask motorists to drive with caution in the area during construction.
- New, more contagious strain of coronavirus fuels spike in Southern California cases
- Stripped of committee post after letter to Pence, Virginia GOP delegate says he’s mulling legal action
- ‘It’s been humbling’; Virginia National Guard members share experiences ahead of Inauguration Day
- No Mega Millions winner as jackpot climbs to $970 million
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other amid unrest, pandemic