HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reports westbound Route 57 (Fairystone Park Highway) in Henry County just west of Bassett is detoured due to heavy rainfall that caused a mudslide.
Traffic will be redirected onto Route 666 / Route 674 (Trenthill Drive).
Eastbound Route 57 traffic will shift onto the westbound lane around the damaged section of roadway.
VDOT says the road closure will last until next week when they can complete repairs.
- Democrat and Republican senators pile on the pressure to declassify 9/11 secrets
- Infrastructure bill a “shot in the arm” for rural high speed internet expansion
- Blood test could diagnose Alzheimer’s disease decades before symptoms develop, doctors say
- Botetourt County Department of Fire and EMS on scene of a fire involving a mobile home
- Virginia announces one-time relief funding for intercity bus providers