CARROLL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Police ask Hillsville residents to keep their eyes peeled for phony money after learning that several counterfeit bills recently turned up in town.
The Hillsville Police Department announced on Monday, Feb. 24 that three counterfeit $100 bills appeared in the town over the past week.
According to authorities, all three bills had the same serial number. Police say that the bills also had small oriental symbols printed in red ink, but these symbols had reportedly been rubbed out on two of the recovered bills.
If you find any of these counterfeit bills, please call Sgt. Gravley with the Hillsville Police Department at (276) 728-2251, Ext. #905.
- Virginia’s peak coronavirus prediction shifts to late-April
- Hundreds of homes without power in southwest Virginia
- Roanoke Pastors share how their churches are handling COVID-19
- Teenage pilot flies medical supplies to rural hospitals across Virginia
- Del. Carroll Foy files to run for Virginia governor