WYTHEVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Members of the Wytheville are asked to be on the lookout for a man in connection with an attempted bank robbery Thursday morning.
According to the Wytheville Police Department, the attempted robbery took place at 10:45 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 27 at Skyline National Bank on North 4th Street. Police say the subject ran around the back of the bank toward the areas of Pine Street and Tazewell Street.
The department says the subject is described as a man who is approximately five feet and nine inches tall and has a skinnier build, gray hair, and glasses. The person was reportedly wearing a black baseball cap, a black bandanna, a black long-sleeved shirt with Bass Pro Shops on the front and a ram skull on the back, gray pants, and black Nike shoes with a white stripe.
Police say the area is full of law enforcement and K9’s to track down the individual.
The department encourages residents to lock their doors and watch out for this person. If you have information about this individual, call 911 immediately, but do not approach this person.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing