LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Exactly a week after a crash between a vehicle and a bus in Lynchburg, local law enforcement announced the death of one of the drivers involved in the crash.
According to the Lynchburg Police Department, officers were dispatched to the 1200 block of Floyd Street at approximately 9:07 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 1 for a report of a crash between a vehicle and a Greater Lynchburg Transit Center bus.
Even though both the vehicle driver — who had to be removed from the vehicle — and the bus driver were brought to the hospital following the crash, police say the vehicle driver sustained serious injuries.
On Saturday, Aug. 8, the department announced the death of the driver of a vehicle involved in the crash. Police identified the driver as 68-year-old Robert Hale Barner, Jr. of Lynchburg.
If you have any information about the ongoing investigation into this crash, call Officer Bauserman at (434) 455-6047.
- New Freedom Farm in the running for $25,000 State Farm Neighborhood Assistance Grant
- WATCH LIVE @ noon: Roanoke city leaders to address recent rise in gun violence
- Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge events and fundraising the month of October
- Medical advancements in breast cancer treatment with Carillion Clinic
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas