DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A man who was stabbed by his girlfriend in Danville three weeks ago died in the hospital early Sunday morning, according to police.
The Danville Police Department announced Monday, July 6 that 27-year-old Christopher France died at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital early on Sunday, July 5.
According to the department, officers were dispatched to a 911 call for a stabbing victim in the 700 block of Melville Avenue at 1 a.m. on June 13. When police arrived at the scene, they say they found France lying in the street and bleeding after apparently being stabbed in the arm.
The Danville Lifesaving Crew reportedly brought France to Sovah Health Danville, but he was later transferred to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
On the night of the reported stabbing, police say they arrested 29-year-old Shannon Price and brought her to Danville City Jail — where she is still being held — for malicious wounding.
The department says Price and France were in a long-term domestic relationship and had recently moved to Danville.
If you have any information about this incident — which police say they are now investigating as a homicide — call the Danville Police Department at (434) 793-0000.
- Health officials report 1,429 new COVID-19 cases, 20 new deaths around Virginia as of Thursday
- US-250 East closed in Nelson County due to Thursday morning crash
- 3 dead in knife attack in French church; terrorism suspected
- UPDATE: Crash involving multiple tractor-trailers, vehicles closes down I-81 South in Botetourt County; backs up traffic for miles
- Three women arrested in connection with armed robbery at Halifax County mini mart