LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Police Department is investigating numerous thefts involving trailers and tools over the past few months, including two in recent weeks.
Police in Lynchburg say they have received reports of 15 larcenies involving stolen trailers and tools over the course of 2020, with two of those incidents taking place over the last two weeks.
According to the department, a 2007 black Hooper utility trailer was reported stolen on Sept. 14 from the 900 block of 11th Street.
In addition, at 3:49 a.m. on Sept. 23, police say security cameras captured a white extended cab pickup truck stealing an 18-foot-long black metal-frame trailer with a wood bottom and a two-foot by two-foot railing. The trailer — which contained numerous tools — was reportedly stolen from the new Starbucks construction site at 4012 Wards Road.
This investigation is still ongoing, according to police.
Anyone who may have recorded these incidents on a security or doorbell camera is asked to call the Lynchburg Police Department at (434) 455-6065 or share the footage on the Neighbors portal.
In addition, anyone with information about these larcenies is asked to call either Detective Barley at (434) 455-6162 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900.
- VDH reports more than 2,700 new coronavirus cases while total deaths surpass 4,000 as of Wednesday
- Pedestrian struck over embankment in Forest Wednesday morning
- Incident along I-81 South in Wythe County closes lanes, delays traffic for miles
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Bedford County Public Schools delays start of second semester