HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police is conducting a suspicious death investigation after a man and woman were found dead on a highway median in Halifax County early Saturday morning.
According to a news release from Corinne Geller — the Public Relations Director for Virginia State Police — authorities were called to the scene of an apparent single-vehicle crash along Route 58 near Turbeville at 2:51 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8.
State troopers reportedly found a Nissan Maxima in the median of Route 58 and the deceased bodies of an adult male and an adult female laying on the ground nearby.
Geller says that the remains were transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke for autopsy and further examination. Meanwhile, the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s Appomattox Field Office is working to identify the victims and reach out to their families.
If you have any information about this incident, please call Virginia State Police at (434) 352-7128 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California man recounts fighting off terrifying bee swarm that killed 2 dogs
- Athletes focus on Tokyo Games while avoiding shadow of COVID-19
- Movie Night in the Park to feature Disney Pixar’s ‘Onward’ at Roanoke’s Blue Ridge Park
- Missed deadline creates problems for Rocky Forge Wind Farm in Botetourt County
- Residents of flooded apartments in Lynchburg continue to receive hotel stays while city, building owners dispute liability