UPDATE 5:20 p.m.: Roanoke Police have released additional information surrounding the shooting in Southeast Roanoke.
Police say a call came in around 3:20 p.m. Friday afternoon. Officers were dispatched to the 2000 block of Indian Village Lane SE regarding a person with a gunshot wound.
Roanoke Fire-EMS transported the adult male victim to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for treatment for what appeared to be serious injuries.
No arrests have been made in this incident and police say they do not believe there is an immediate threat to the public regarding this incident.
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Police are on the scene of an active shooting in the area of Wise Avenue SE and Indian Village Lane SE.
Officials tell WFXR News that one person has been injured and transported to the hospital.
An active search is on for the suspect.
WFXR News has a crew on the way to the scene. We will bring you more here on WFXRtv.com when we have additional information.
- Wythe County Public Schools to return to remote learning starting Monday following recent COVID-19 surge
- Warner Bros. to release all 2021 films on HBO Max, theaters
- ‘COVID slide’: How parents can help children struggling with remote learning
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain chances increase throughout Friday, chilly weekend ahead
- “People shouldn’t live like this”: Residents frustrated about nearby landfill in Pittsylvania County