ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Roanoke Police are investigating a stabbing that occurred earlier this week.
According to court documents, the incident occurred on July 27. Police responded to Franklin Road and Marshall Avenue SW. When officers arrived, they found an individual with multiple stab wounds to the back.
The victim was transported to Roanoke Memorial Hospital for treatment.
As the investigation into the stabbing continued, police went to 412 Marshall Avenue SW and found blood on the ground and coming out of an open window on the second floor that was smeared on the side of the building.
Police say it is probable that the victim jumped out of the second floor window.
Police then forced their way into the residence and also found blood inside.
Police are obtaining a search warrant for another apartment to find evidence relating to the stabbing.
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming up over the weekend
- Liberty Flames hold first practice of the season
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening
- Extra safety precautions to be in place ahead of students’ arrival at North Cross School in Roanoke
- Shriners cancel Clifton Forge Fall Festival due to COVID-19