UPDATE 1:55 p.m.: Roanoke Police Department announced Wednesday officers found a man and an adolescent male — both injured — while investigating Tuesday night’s incident.
According to the department, police were dispatched to the 1200 block of Hanover Avenue NW for reports of a person with a gunshot wound around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 21.
Officers arrived on the scene and found a man and a juvenile male in the roadway, both of whom sustained what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries. Police say Roanoke Fire-EMS transported the juvenile to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, but the man refused treatment for his injuries.
The department says it has limited details about what led up to the incident due to a lack of cooperation by the victims. The investigation is still ongoing, but police say preliminary information shows the incident may have been accidental.
If you have information about this incident, contact the Roanoke Police Department by calling (540)344-8500 or texting 274637, but if you send a text, please start with “RoanokePD” to make it’s sent properly.
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – The Roanoke Police Department is investigating after they got a call about a person with a gunshot wound in the 1200 block of Hanover Avenue NW.
According to police, the call came in around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 21.
One person was transported from the scene, police said. The person’s condition was not released.
Police said the incident is still under investigation. No other details were released.
Stay with WFXR News for updates.
- A conversation with Bob Good, the Republican vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- A conversation with Cameron Webb, the Democrat vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- Election 2020 FAQ: What identification do I need to take to my polling place?
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism