LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) -– Police took a wanted Lynchburg man into custody on Wednesday, March 25 for outstanding warrants in connection with a recent shooting as well as several new charges.
According to the Lynchburg Police Department, officers responded to the 800-block of Greenfield Drive at 11:05 p.m. on Thursday, March 19 for a report of shots fired.
Police say further investigation determined 50-year-old Raynard Graves, Sr. had fired multiple shots in the area and an officer secured warrants on Graves for reckless handling of a firearm, trespassing, attempting to maliciously shoot, shooting into an occupied dwelling, using a firearm in the commission of a felony, and discharging a firearm in the city.
At 1:47 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25, the department says an officer located Graves in the 1500-block of Florida Avenue and took him into custody on the outstanding warrants. After officers detained Graves, they found spice, cocaine, and a firearm in his possession.
Graves was also charged with the following offenses, according to police:
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of Schedule I or II drugs with intent to distribute
- Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Altering a firearm serial number
- Possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
- Possession of a firearm while in possession of Schedule I or II drugs with intent to distribute
The Lynchburg Police Department says this is part of an ongoing investigation.
According to the Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority, Graves is being held without bond at the Lynchburg Adult Detention Center.
- White House Coronavirus Task Force plans Wednesday briefing
- City of Roanoke to temporarily close Greenway, Mill Mountain Park to mitigate crowd gatherings
- Main Weather
- Roanoke Valley Forecast
- Central Virginia Forecast