(WFXR) — Wednesday’s winter weather brought snow to some parts of the region, but the rest of southwest and central Virginia saw a lot of ice and freezing rain.
The area near the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport saw some freezing rain Wednesday morning:
There was also a significant amount of ice in Garden City on Wednesday.
Some snow and ice even managed to stay on a car hood all the way from Sinking Creek to Roanoke Wednesday afternoon.
Even right outside the WFXR News station there was plenty of ice.
Cave Spring also saw a fair amount of ice throughout the day.
Daleville was among some locations in the area that saw some snow Wednesday evening.
Do you have any photos or videos from this wintry Wednesday? We’d love to see them!
- Prince Philip’s funeral: Duke of Edinburgh to be laid to rest at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle
- Pinpoint Weather: Seasonably cool temperatures, slight shower chances this weekend
- Friday Night Blitz : Friday, April 16, 2021
- Former Liberty Flames player Emily Lytle signs with Virginia Tech
- William Byrd names new boys and girls head basketball coaches