LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A new store is coming to River Ridge Mall in Lynchburg on Tuesday, July 14.
Philanthropy, a faith-based retailer that offers home décor and women’s apparel is partnering with the Lynchburg Regional Business Alliance for a celebratory ribbon-cutting at 10:45 a.m. to signify the grand opening.
“Our guests will be able to peruse a variety of home décor and goods, including antiques, and three collections of women’s clothing that reflect the company’s value of faith,” said Christina Martin, founder of Philanthropy, who owns the company with her husband Christopher.
The store is located in the remodeled center court at River Ridge, next to American Eagle Outfitters and across from Iron & Ale Bistro.
“We know that our guests are going to love having somewhere new to shop,” said Louise Dudley, general manager at River Ridge. “With Philanthropy being the first new-to-market retailer of our redevelopment, this certainly paves the way for even more new options in retail, dining, and entertainment to come.”
Philanthropy is based out of Franklin, T.N., and River Ridge will be the store’s third location. The retailer also says it will donate 10 percent of its gross profit from each sale to charities, including multiple local non-profits.
Additionally, the store will have a prayer chapel inside where guests can write their prayer requests on tags.
- Police: One driver dead following crash between vehicle, bus in Lynchburg on Aug. 1
- 5.1 earthquake occurred near Sparta, NC; several report feeling quake in Southwest and Central Virginia
- VDH: Virginia’s total COVID-19 count surpasses 100,000 cases, reaches 2,326 deaths as of Sunday
- Flames schedule affected by MAC conference fall sports cancellation
- Liberty’s Gandy-Golden looks to leave his mark in D.C.