RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – The Hillbilly Mango or the Poor Man’s Banana, also known as the Pawpaw could soon become the state fruit.
State Delegate Elizabeth Guzman introduced House Bill 592 that would declare it as such.
Ohio also has the Pawpaw as its state fruit.
The Pawpaw has grown in popularity; however, due to its short lifespan, it’s rarely seen on store shelves.
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- Centra Executive Chef Timothy Schoonmaker joins WFXR News to cook up heart-healthy quinoa pancakes
- How does an officer use a gun instead of a Taser?
- Pinpoint Weather: Partly sunny and warm with a few showers possible
- Liberty University’s Equity for Africa Summit kicks off Tuesday