ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA) has released November traffic numbers, which show a progressive increase in traffic year to year.
In November 2019, 62,779 passengers flew via the regional airport, a 2,071 increase from November 2018, according to ROA.
Airport officials say the pace in traffic increase can soon mark 2019 as the busiest year since 2000.
“Robust air service is a critical component for economic growth in the region,” said Timothy T. Bradshaw, A.A. E., executive director of the Roanoke Regional Airport Commission.
“Using our existing air service is the only way we will get more air service. We appreciate the support of our community choosing to fly ROA and not driving out of market to fly.”
- Game of the Week: Patriots top Colonels in star city showdown
- Friday Night Blitz: Player of the Week, Daniel Pereira, Irakoze Donasiyano, and Tremaine Edmunds
- Friday Night Blitz: Class 1 and 2 boys basketball previews
- Friday Night Blitz: Boys class 3 and 4 basketball preview
- Friday Night Blitz: Game of the Week, and Class 5 basketball preview