LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Several power outages have been reported in the Lynchburg and Campbell County area Tuesday afternoon.
According to Teresa Hall, an Appalachian Power spokesperson, a customer cut a tree which fell onto transmission lines that provided power for thousands of customers.
The power company’s outage map shows two active outages impacting more than 1,000 customers. The areas affected include the southern part of Lynchburg and Campbell County such as Rustburg, Winfall, and Yellow Branch.
Crews are working on connecting affected customers to an alternative circuit of power, Hall said.
Power is estimated to be restored by 5:30 p.m.
- VDH: J&J pause could last ‘days to weeks’; CDC confirms 45-year-old Virginia woman’s death under investigation
- Va. reports 12,000 ‘excess deaths’ during pandemic; Fatal overdose surge contributed
- Where does Virginia stand in new ‘best state’ poll?
- Biden, Harris meet with Congressional Black Caucus about police reform
- Roanoke Redevelopment and Housing Authority needs landlords to house families in need