BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — One person was hospitalized with serious injuries after being pulled out of a rolled-over vehicle following a crash in Bedford County.
According to the Bedford Fire Department’s Facebook post on Monday, June 1, crews were dispatched at 4:11 p.m. to a report of a vehicle crash with a rollover in the 5300 block of East Lynchburg-Salem Turnpike.
When first responders arrived at the scene, they reportedly found a heavily damaged vehicle off the roadway with one person trapped inside. The department says the rescue unit took off the car’s roof in order to pull the person out of the vehicle.
Fire officials say the person sustained non-life-threatening — but still serious — injuries in the crash and was transported to Lynchburg General Hospital.
Virginia State Police is investigating the crash, according to the department.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery