LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A 17-year-old boy is in custody in connection with a shooting in Lynchburg on Sunday night that sent one person to the hospital.
According to the Lynchburg Police Department, officers were dispatched to a report of a malicious wounding at 8:15 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, in the 5600 block of Rhonda Road.
Police say the victim had been shot once and was transported to Lynchburg General Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The department says officers took a 17-year-old boy into custody shortly after the shooting. Charges are reportedly pending at this time in connection with this ongoing investigation.
If you have any information about this incident, call Detective Duncan at (434) 455-6178.
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- VIDEO: Florida man rescues puppy from jaws of alligator
- ‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- Virginia DMV says commercial drivers can renew licenses online