WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va (WFXR) — Virginia State Police are investigating a single-vehicle crash that left one person killed in Washington County.
The crash happened just before 12:30 this morning. A 2007 Chevrolet Aveo was driving north on I-81 when it took the Exit 13 off ramp. The driver lost control and the car ran off the side of the road.
It overturned several times. The driver, now identified as Eric D. Counts, 45, of Abingdon, VA., died at the scene.
Speed and alcohol were factors in the crash.
- Police searching for missing Danville girl with medical conditions, limited English
- Bomb threat evacuates Virginia Supreme Court building in downtown Richmond
- Global death toll from COVID-19 tops 2 million
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden’s inauguration
- Nelson County School Board delays start of hybrid learning to mid-February