UPDATE 1:20 a.m.: Police continue to investigate a malicious wounding in Lynchburg from Sunday night that sent one person to the hospital.
According to the Lynchburg Police Department, officers responded to the 1500 block of 12th Street for reports of shots fired at 11:01 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 27.
Police say one person was brought to Lynchburg General Hospital with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound in the ankle.
There is no information about suspects at this time, the department says.
This is an ongoing investigation. If you have any information about this shooting, call Detective Miller at (434) 455-6160.
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Police Department is on the scene of a malicious wounding in the 1200 block of Pierce Street from Sunday night.
Police say one person was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital with a non-life threatening gunshot wound.
This is a developing story. Stay with WFXR News for updates.
- Trump: ‘People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots’
- Tractor-trailer crash causes lane closures on I-81 South in Montgomery County
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming trend is underway!
- EXCLUSIVE: Stolen drone returned to the Roanoke Valley Children’s Choir by good samaritan
- Churches pay for billboards to oppose Virginia casino