BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — One person was brought to the hospital after a car ran off the road, hit a tree, and caught fire in Bedford County.
According to the Bedford Fire Department’s Facebook post early in the morning on Wednesday, Sept. 9, a report came in about a vehicle hitting a tree just after 11:30 p.m. from the 5500 block of West Lynchburg Salem Turnpike.
When crews got there, they reportedly found heavy fire coming from the car, but the injured driver was out of the car and sitting a safe distance away.
The fire was quickly extinguished and marked under control just before 11:45 p.m., the department says.
The driver of the car was treated and taken to Bedford Memorial Hospital by first responders, according to fire officials.
- UPDATE: Crews work to repair water lines in Roanoke, Covington areas
- 3 of 6 husky puppies stolen from Va. pet salon found
- With new AG, Virginia takes new position on abortion case
- Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries after being struck by vehicle in Bedford
- IRS tips to get your tax refund fastest