ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police are investigating after an early morning shooting in northwest Roanoke left at least one person injured.
The Roanoke Police Department says officers were dispatched to a reported shooting in the 2100 block of Delaware Avenue NW at approximately 1 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 15.
After speaking with people at the scene and finding evidence of a shooting, police say a man told officers he was injured during the shooting. Even though the man was indirectly hit by the gunfire, he reportedly refused medical treatment or transportation to the hospital.
In addition, while the victim would not cooperate further with the investigation, the department says everyone involved in the incident know each other.
Police say they have not made any arrests in connection with this shooting, which is part of an ongoing investigation.
- Liberty Flames defeat Florida International Panthers in close contest
- Live: President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Halifax County Sheriff’s Office searches for missing woman
- 73-year-old woman dies following two-vehicle accident involving tow truck in eastern VA