LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A person is dead following an early morning structure fire in Lynchburg on Sunday.
According to the Lynchburg Fire Department, crews responded to a structure fire in the 4700 block of Oxford Street shortly after 3:30 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 4.
When firefighters entered the home, the department says they found a male occupant in the basement and transported him to Lynchburg General Hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
The person’s family has reportedly been notified.
While fire officials say they do not suspect foul play, the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Harvick with a different approach heading into final NASCAR races
- What to expect from Zeta as the cyclone moves through Virginia Thursday
- From JMU to QB1, Ben DiNucci ready to step up for Dallas Cowboys
- Your ballot was rejected. Virginia law offers voters a chance to make it count
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system