ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police are investigating a traffic fatality after officers discovered a man dead at the scene of a crash in northwest Roanoke Thursday evening.
According to the Roanoke Police Department, officers were dispatched to the intersection of 17th Street NW and Loudon Avenue NW at approximately 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 6, for a report of a vehicle crash involving a motorcycle. When officers arrived on scene, the department says they found a man lying in the road next to a motorcycle with a vehicle nearby.
Police say the man was pronounced dead on scene and are investigating the incident as a traffic fatality.
At this stage of the investigation, the department says information shows the vehicle was traveling east toward the intersection; the motorcycle was traveling west; and either at or near the
intersection, the motorcycle entered the vehicle’s travel lane and the vehicle struck the motorcycle.
According to police, officers have not made any arrests in connection with the incident at this time. In addition, the vehicle’s driver is reportedly cooperating with the investigation.
If you have any information about this ongoing investigation, you can call the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500, or send a text to 274637 (but start the text with “RoanokePD” to make sure it is sent properly).
- Game of the Week: Patriots top Colonels in star city showdown
- Friday Night Blitz: Player of the Week, Daniel Pereira, Irakoze Donasiyano, and Tremaine Edmunds
- Friday Night Blitz: Class 1 and 2 boys basketball previews
- Friday Night Blitz: Boys class 3 and 4 basketball preview
- Friday Night Blitz: Game of the Week, and Class 5 basketball preview