DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Police say an Alabama woman faces charges after accidentally discharging a firearm and injuring another person in a Danville motel early Monday morning.
According to the Danville Police Department, officers were dispatched to the Red Carpet Inn at approximately 2 a.m. on Monday, June 22.
The department told WFXR News that 42-year-old Vershan Hendrix from Alabama was putting her gun away when the gun accidentally discharged and the bullet hit a person in an adjacent room. Police say that person was transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Meanwhile, the department says Hendrix was charged with reckless handling of a firearm, which is a misdemeanor.
- Lynchburg Police Department to host first-ever virtual recruiting fair on Aug. 31
- Patient refuses hospitalization after Roanoke County first responders dispatched to report of allergic reaction along trail, officials say
- New drone technology will help monitor COVID-19 symptoms
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Josephine forms, earliest ‘J’ storm on record in Atlantic
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel