UPDATE 11:17 a.m.: Crews have reopened the northbound travel lanes near mile marker 127 on I-81 following Monday morning’s vehicle crash.
However, VDOT says the northbound right shoulder is still closed and traffic is still backed up for three miles.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Montgomery County motorists are backed up for miles on Monday after a vehicle crash on I-81 North.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says the northbound right lane and right shoulder are closed near mile marker 127 in Montgomery County.
Traffic is currently delayed for approximately two miles, according to VDOT.
- AMBER ALERT issued for missing Charlottesville child
- Police search for man who robbed Boonsboro Dollar General
- Some Franklin County students set to return to classrooms starting next week
- Roanoke City, Alleghany Health Districts say COVID-19 vaccine supply is running too low to serve all who qualify to receive vaccine
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional