UPDATE 5 p.m.: Crews have cleared the site of the tractor-trailer accident along I-81 North in Montgomery County.
According to VDOT, the delays have dropped to one mile.
UPDATE 3:38 p.m.: VDOT says that the northbound backup along I-81 has grown to five miles.
The northbound right shoulder is still the only lane closed while crews clear up the site of a tractor-trailer accident, according to VDOT.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Friday afternoon motorists can expect delays along I-81 North near mile marker 122 in Montgomery County due to a tractor-trailer accident.
The Virginia Department of Transportation announced at 3:04 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 21 that all lanes had been reopened except for the northbound right shoulder.
According to VDOT, the backup currently stretches for four miles along I-81 North.
- Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies
- Strong to severe storms today and Thursday
- Redskins weigh drafting Chase Young vs. trading No. 2 pick
- Pulaski County encourages residents to follow CDC guidelines to prevent coronavirus spread
- Baby black bear visits Southwest Virginia Wildlife Center of Roanoke