ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A new section of greenway opened in Roanoke County Thursday.
The new Read Mountain Greenway is located in Northeast Roanoke. The greenway is two-thirds of a mile in length and is the start of a connection to the Tinker Creek Greenway (which ends in Fallon Park), Read Mountain Preserve, Blue Hills Industrial Park, and Carvins Cove.
Those who wish to use the greenway can access it off Blue Hills Drive.
Greenway construction began in 2019. The project also included the expansion of Blue Hills Drive through the industrial park. Businesses along the Blue Hills Drive now have access to safe recreation right outside their buildings.
- 1st deadly grizzly attack recorded in nation’s largest park
- Could polls be wrong? Here’s Trump’s path to winning November’s election
- Thousands of airline employees face furlough on Oct. 1 without relief from Congress
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- UPDATE: Roanoke City Police say Tuesday night’s I-581 shooting is an ‘isolated threat’