WYTHEVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Police in Wytheville have issued a recommendation to parents and guardians with children who attend Spiller Elementary School.
According to a social media post, adults picking up or dropping off kids in Pre-K, Kindergarten and First Grade line up on South Third Street.
They are asking people to not line up on East Pine Street and make a right turn onto South Third Street which causes traffic to back up in that area.
Also, do not line on East Pine and make a left turn onto South Third Street which is an illegal turn.
Adults should be sure not to block intersections, private driveways or entrances to apartment complexes in the area. No Parking signs have been changed to indicate where parking is allowed during school drop off and pick up times.
For parents or guardians dropping off or picking up students in Second, Third, Forth or Fifth Grade:
Drop off and pick up lines form from the parking lot in front of the school and continues by wrapping around onto Tazewell Street in front of the school.
“In the morning, it is single file drop off for the safety of the children and temperature checks. It has always been single file in the mornings so children are not going in between cars at drop off,” reads an online statement.
In the afternoon, double file pickups take place.
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party
- Botetourt County Public Schools holds job fair Wednesday to fill various positions
- The number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 continues to set records in Virginia
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped