BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia Tech is offering tips for securing your home as concerns continue regarding a series of break-ins in Blacksburg.
On Monday, Jan. 25, the Blacksburg Police Department announced that uniformed patrols had been added to apartment complexes and neighborhoods throughout town after burglaries were reported over the weekend.
Therefore, authorities shared the following safety tips for the Hokie community:
- Start a neighborhood watch
- Lock your doors
- Use a peephole, if you have one
- Keep your shrubbery down to two feet and trees trimmed up to six feet
- Engrave valuables
- Have an emergency plan
- Enroll in a rape aggression defense class
- Call 911 if you see something