UPDATE 1:40 p.m. (9/2/21): An O’Charley’s spokesperson told WFXR News that the restaurant chain’s Christiansburg location is temporarily closed following Tuesday night’s fire that sent two people to the hospital.
You can read the full statement issued by the spokesperson below:
“We are thankful that our team members and guests are safe after a fire broke out in our kitchen Tuesday night. We appreciate the quick actions by our staff who ushered everyone inside the restaurant to safety.
We are also deeply grateful to the firefighters who responded quickly to put the fire out. The first responders in our communities keep us all safe, and we are thankful for their brave service.
Our Christiansburg location will be temporarily closed until we can assess damage and make any repairs necessary.”
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Two people were hospitalized — including a firefighter — after a commercial structure fire in Montgomery County Tuesday night.
Shortly before 8:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 31, Montgomery County Emergency Services says NRV 911 notified the Christiansburg Volunteer Fire Department, the Blacksburg Volunteer Fire Department, and the Christiansburg Rescue about a commercial structure fire on Laurel Street. Blacksburg Volunteer Rescue Squad was later added to the call.
When the first units arrived at the scene, they reportedly found smoke and fire coming from the roof of the structure.
Emergency officials say one group of firefighters set ground ladders and took a hose line to the roof while a second crew entered the structure, managing to quickly extinguish the fire.
According to Montgomery County Emergency Services, one civilian and one firefighter were brought to the hospital, but both were in stable condition.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list