UPDATE 2:43 p.m.: VDOT says the number of lane closures — as well as the traffic backup — has increased on I-81 South in Montgomery County following Wednesday afternoon’s tractor-trailer crash.
According to VDOT, the southbound center lane, right lane, and right shoulder are closed at mile marker 124.7 on I-81.
Officials say Montgomery County motorists are backed up for approximately two miles along I-81 South at this time.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A tractor-trailer crash may cause some delays for Montgomery County motorists along I-81 South Wednesday afternoon.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says the southbound right shoulder and right lane are closed at mile marker 124.7 on I-81 due to a tractor-trailer crash.
According to VDOT, Montgomery County motorists can expect delays as a result of this crash.
Meanwhile, the VDOT traffic cameras are showing a disabled UPS trailer on the right side of the road at mile marker 124.9 on I-81.
- Toddlers abandoned by smugglers at border wall released from Border Patrol custody
- Two people shot on AP Hill Boulevard following car crash
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Why some people should return their stimulus checks
- Police treatment of Black Army officer revives calls to end qualified immunity