UPDATE 6:27 a.m.: VDOT says crews have cleared the scene of the Tuesday morning tractor-trailer crash that closed several lanes on I-81 South in Montgomery County.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — An early morning tractor-trailer crash has closed some lanes I-81 South in Montgomery County on Tuesday.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the southbound right lane and right shoulder are closed at mile marker 118 on I-81.
Montgomery County Emergency Services says members of the Christiansburg Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched at approximately 2:45 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 20, for a diesel leak in connection with the tractor-trailer crash.
First responders plugged the fuel tank after arriving at the scene of the crash — which did not result in any injuries — but the I-81 on-ramp at mile marker 118 is still closed at this time, according to Montgomery County Emergency Services.
VDOT says Tuesday morning motorists can expect delays in Montgomery County.
- Services and application being offered by regionalobituaries.com
- The “Jingle Your Way to a Safe Holiday” campaign with YOVASO
- Macado’s, YMCA partner to give away 3K meals in Roanoke for ‘Giving Tuesday’
- Vinton Library to reopen on the last day of November
- SCC denies rate increase request from Appalachian Power